DIGITAL TECTONICS 2018
Summer School SAPPK 2018
Summer School SAPPK 2018 is a special two-weeks program initiated by Architecture Program, School of Architecture, Planning and Policy Development, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia.
This program will explore new approaches and methods in the design process, harnessing the advancement of digital tools applied to and assist in architectural and built environment design and planning. The aim is to introduce and embrace a new way of iterative tooling mechanism, enabling the coherent interplay of material, technology, and architectural form – the Digital Tectonics.
The program goal is to introduce and provide students with set of knowledge, understanding, and skills of computational design for architectural design process of synthesis and analysis.
Summer School will focus on computational design methods as a new paradigm on architecture and built environment design. This topic will be discussed through lecture series and workshops. The lecture series will address the following topics:
Generative and Evolutionary Methods
Physical Prototyping and Digital Fabrication
Urban Modeling and Simulation
Bioclimatic Design and Evidence-based Analysis
While the workshops will be conducted into two topics:
Workshop 1: Digital Tooling & Algorithmic-based Form Finding and Optimization
Workshop 2: Environmental Modeling and Simulation
Several prominent speakers will be the keynote lecturers and facilitators including:
1. Prof. Patrick Janssen- National University of Singapore, Singapore
2. Assoc. Prof. Bige Tuncer- Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
3. Prof. Teng-Wen Chan- Yunlin National University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
4. Asst. Prof. Hamid Montazeri- Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
5. Olivier Dambron, M. Sc- Architectural Association, London, United Kingdom
6. Dr. Agus Hariyadi- Universitas Gajah Mada, Indonesia
7. Dr. Erry Djunaedy-Telkom University, Indonesia
8. Aswin Indraprastha, PhD- Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
9. Dr. Eng Donny Koerniawan- Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
Participants is undergraduate (3rd year and above) and graduate students. We are open for students from various department including Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Urban Design, Urban and regional Planning, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Engineering Physics, Landscape Architecture.
Fee and Payments
Indonesian student: IDR 1.500.000,-
Foreign Student: USD 200
*Excluded accommodation and lunch during program.
*Fee includes: snacks and refreshments, certificate, kit and T-shirt.
Please complete registration form in this URL: https://bit.ly/2Ef88EM and make Bank Transfer payable to:
BANK MANDIRI, KCP Bandung Siliwangi – Bandung, INDONESIA. Swift Code: BMRIIDJA
US Dollar: DR.Ing.Ir. Heru Wibowo, MURP, IAI – Acct.No. 130-00-0564603-2
ID Rupiah: DR.Ing.Ir. Heru Wibowo, MURP, IAI – Acct.No. 130-00-0474754-2
Please write on message line: “SS2018” and your Full Name.